Saturday 9 October 2010

Hello!



Here is a little bit about my practice...
Themes that repeatedly tend to crop up in my work are the miniature and the sentimental. I am very interested in the emotional attachment we have with objects and collecting and try to show this through the work I make. With my matchboxes series it was very important for me to be able to make work that I could just put in my pocket and carry around with me, the idea was to be able to physically have a memory with me at all times. I also liked the idea that you could just close the box and keep the image 'safe'. I tend to work on small scale and am currently exploring my imagination using pencil, fineliners and mono-printing.

1 comment:

  1. I like the scale of the photo with all the space around it. I look forward to seeing some more.
    J

    ReplyDelete